Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Boots

I used a tutorial written by JeezyCreezy over on bikerscout.net:

(http://capricornarmor.com/Bootorial/bootorial.html)

I followed this near exactly. The tools and items I had and used were:

1 - pair of men's hiking boots, purchased at Target for $18.99. Tan soles.
1 - Riveter, with 5/8 in small rivets + washers
1 - Scotch brand adhesive (brand unknown, but I think I still have the tube)
1 - extremely shark knife (hobby, exacto, etc)
1 - pair of sissors
1 - yard of white vinyl, medium weight.

Also needed were sew-on velcro strips, numerous push-pins, white thread, my sewing machine, and a cutting mat.

I followed the tutorial exactly, except for the cutting out of the plastic on the heels detail he talks about at the end. I might do that at a later time. Even for my shoe size (9 ladies) I used the same dimensions with the boot cut outs, and it worked well for me. I suggest doing as he mentions however, and really making sure that you do the measuring with the paper first, else you'll end up starting over.

They came out pretty well, if I do say so:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home