Thursday, March 30, 2006

Progress made - 3/29/06

I'd done a lot of the velcro to date, but last night I finished up the sewing of it. A few things of note:

-Sew the velcro with the hook side down, not into the hook side. The thread kept getting caught and I'd have to start over.
-A good square with an X in the middle shape for sewing velcro seems to work best.

The pieces that went into the side of the chest and back were surprisingly difficult to get through the pre-cut holes, so you may want to extend those a touch if you get the SA kit. But I just shoved them through in the interest of not cutting any more than I had to out of the ABS.

All peices of the armor are now done, and I need to move on to blaster or boots or cumberbund. One of those will be started this weekend, is my hope. If not started tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Studio Creations said...

The Movie Used suits had larger webbing than the holes they were threaded through, and caused a bunching effect where the Elastic strap went into the hole. The Studio Creations research team estimated that the side straps used to hold the chest and back snug to the body should be aboout 1/2 inch wider than the holes they go into.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home