Friday, March 31, 2006

adventures in riveting

I'd reached an impass with what I could do without a riveter, so we finally went out and got one. All told with rivets it cost us about $22, for the tool and approximately 100 rivets. We got the Arrow brand riveter ($17.99), and the Arrow brand rivets ($4.89) - 1/8th aluminum, short length. These were a perfect size to connect both the back tank, and the belt pieces together. The only other addition I would recommend - and really it's a must - are the washers for the back of the rivets. You only need these when riveting through cloth, but honestly without them you're going to ruin the straps as well as your evening.

I'll be going back to get the washers tonight so I can finish the belt. Thank goodness I had the blaster to work on as well else I would have gone nuts. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home